Village-Karenni started in 2012 and came true in 2014.
Our goal is, by promoting development in newly rebuilt villages, to help Karenni to re-settle, fulfil their needs and improve their life conditions in their ancestors' land.
With your financial support, you will be able to help Karenni People to return durably to their homeland.
3 dates :
-1995 : the burmese army chase out Karenni people living in mountainous area and destroy their villages.
-2012 : a cease fire is signed between burmese army and karenni army.
-2014 : talks start between Thai and Burmese authorities in order to repatriate Karenni refugees to Burma on their old lands.
How to bring tangible support ?
Rice mill set up in DawKhao village during autumn 2014.
Benefits for the population :
- increase the agricultural product to exceed survival level of the population.
- set up high value cash crops for sale on the market.
- increase time allotted for youth education.
Description of an agricultural unit :
Price : 30 000 € - 60€ per person.
It is a sheltered area containing :
- small machines used for agricultural work (rice mill, lawn tractors, generator, etc)
- tools (hoes, saws, machettes, axes, etc)
- seeds supply.
Help us to make this adventure last !